Code of Conduct
IGDA Chicago is dedicated to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, physical appearance, disability, age, or profession. We do not tolerate harassment of anyone at IGDA Chicago events.
Event participants, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, special guests, organizers, etc., violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from that event and potentially barred from future events at the discretion of the IGDA Chicago Board of Directors.
Unacceptable behaviors includes conduct that is: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any participant at an IGDA Chicago event. Many IGDA Chicago events are at venues shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Unacceptable behavior and harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive written or verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, physical appearance, disability, age, or profession.
- Creating a disturbance that is disruptive, dangerous, or causes apprehension in another person.
- Making threats, stalking, following, or bathroom policing.
- Unwelcome physical contact including pushing, shoving, or inappropriate touching.
- Unwelcome sexual advances or attention.
- Use of inappropriate sexual language or imagery or in public spaces, including speaker presentation materials, unless authorized beforehand by IGDA Chicago.
- Harassing or nonconsensual photography and recording
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Event attendees, exhibitors, media, organizers, press, speakers, special guests, sponsors, and volunteers are equally subject to the anti-harassment policy and are expected to follow the IGDA Chicago Anti-Harassment Policy. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an event participant engages in harassing behavior, the IGDA Chicago Board of Directors may take appropriate action, including but not limited to: warning the offender, expelling them from the event with no refund, barring them from future events, or alerting the authorities.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an IGDA Chicago Board Member or event volunteer as soon as possible. IGDA Chicago Board Members are happy to help participants contact venue security, local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
IGDA Chicago Email: info [at] igdachicago [dot] com
Chicago Community Counseling Services: https://www.c4chicago.org/services/sexual-assault
Emergency Police (911)
Non-Emergency Police (911)
Emergency Medical: Dial (911)
YWCA Rape Crisis Hotline 888-293-2080
Yellow Cab: 312 520 3096
IGDA Chicago provides the information on this site as a service and makes no warranties regarding the same, nor has IGDA Chicago necessarily vetted any particular resource. The presence of links does not constitute a referral or endorsement by the IGDA Chicago. IGDA Chicago assumes no liability for use of the information or resources on this site. Use your own best judgment in determining the best course of action for your own safety, professional reputation, and well-being.
Last updated on [October 2017]