Game Dev Holiday Mixer 2014: Success!
We’d like to extend our utmost appreciation to those of you who gathered together at the Emporium on December 16th for our third rendition of the Game Dev Holiday Mixer, a time-honored tradition between IGDA Chicago and Industry Night. Thanks to our amazing community, we raised $1004.91 for the Comer Children’s Hospital and collected a box full of great toys for the kids! This will no doubt make the holidays a bit brighter for patients and their families.
Thank you Kyle Bailey (Industry Night) for collaborating with the IGDA Chicago board to make this happen.
Extra special thanks to Emporium Arcade Bar for giving us a great space in Wicker Park and the opportunity to offer drink and token vouchers that contributed to the cause.
We’d like to extend a huge thanks to our generous sponsors:
- Phosphor Games Studio for making it possible for guests to enjoy a delightful taco bar from Antique Taco
- Code Beast for enhancing said taco bar beyond our imagination
- Walter Aldro Day, Jr. and Brian Eddy for contributing a huge set of Video Game Trading Cards to the raffle
- NetherRealm Studios for donating great prizes both this year and last
Over the course of the night, we had an exciting selection of local developers demoing games on stage. If you weren’t able to see them in action, definitely look out for:
- Octodad by Young Horses, presented by Phil Tibitoski
- Telepath Tactics by Sinister Design, presented by Craig Stern
- Tango in Paradise created and presented by Andy Saia
- Relativity created and presented by Willy Chyr
- Divekick, Gunsport, and Capsule Force by Iron Galaxy, presented by Isaac Torres and Jordan Petersen
We had some competition in the Killer Instinct: Fight for the Kids arcade tournament, and then later on, fourteen fantastic prize packages were raffled off for the cause.
There was much merriment in the air: old friends catching up, new friends in the making, spirited networking, arcade and pinball enjoyment, tasty food and beverages… all under the common banner of a good cause.
Thank you, everyone! We have an excellent game development community here in Chicago and it’s amazing to see the good we can accomplish together!